The following pre-treatment care suggestions should be followed to ensure the best results possible.
- Let your hair grow out to 1/8” or 2mm, and shave 2,3 days before your appointment. We need enough length to be able to grab the hair with tweezers.
- Please don’t let the hair be very long. If the hair is too long slows us down during the treatment.
- If the hair gets too long in between treatments, you can trim or shave with a single blade or electric razor. No waxing or tweezing.
- Daily moisturizing is especially important. It helps keep the skin hydrated and helps the probe insert easily into the follicle.
- Exfoliation 2 to 3 times a week before the appointment, and 1 to 2 weeks after the appointment after the skin is back to normal completely. With a chemical exfoliant.
- Drink plenty of water. Keeping your skin hydrated means your follicles have plenty of saline in them which is needed for the current to work well. It also minimizes discomfort during treatment.
- Refrain from drinking caffeinated or alcoholic beverages the day of your treatment as these will dehydrate your skin. Caffeine can also increase anxiety, making your treatment less comfortable. If you must consume caffeine (to avoid withdrawal), drink the minimum necessary along with additional eater rehydrate. Avoid any CBD products before and on the day of the treatment.
- Have a rich breakfast in the morning.
- If you wish, you may apply numbing agent 2 hours before treatment.
- Take a shower or bath before your treatment.
- Double-check with your doctor when you should have the last electrolysis treatment before your surgery. Every surgery has different requirements and techniques.
- You can bring a tablet or an iPod to listen to some music to distract yourself.
- Before the first treatment in our office, we suggest having no epilation (laser, IPL) for 60 to 90. Days.
Learn more about Electrolysis Hair Removal