Care Instructions PRE-ELECTROLYSIS
- To be truly successful, Clients MUST keep to their prescribed schedule of visits. Treating the hair in the early growth stage is much more effective for permanent eradication.
- Benadryl taken the night before and the night immediately following your treatment will help to counteract any histaminic reaction you may have to the treatment process.
- Ibuprofen taken 10-15 minutes before treatment will help to take the edge off the slight discomfort you may experience. Liquigels tend to dissolve and get into the bloodstream more quickly.
- Eating prior to treatment will also reduce discomfort. Many of our clients who come in hungry have told us it makes a world of difference.
- Avoid caffeine, salt and alcohol. Fast food, Chinese food, Mexican food, chips, ham, and beer for at least 24 hours before treatment,can make you retain water which in turn causes your follicles to become smaller and thus cause discomfort.
- Hydrate internally! Drinking 8 – 10 glasses of water per day is a MUST! You must have water in your system before an appointment. A wet follicle is a much better conductor of the heat/current than a dry one. If you are dehydrated it will take much more intensity to eradicate the hair making the treatment more uncomfortable.
- Clients should use a water-based (not oil based) moisturizer day and night. The epidermis needs water to plump up skin cells, allowing a vehicle for the treatment.
- Daily use of sunscreen with an SPF of 25+ will lower the probability of hyper-pigmentation.
- Shave the treatment area every week with a new razor. Please prepare the area like it is getting prepped for surgery. The skin needs to be soft and smooth after shaving so that you know each hair was clipped. Please shave once a week, even if you don’t see any hair. Deeper into treatment, the hair are finer and harder to see which make them much easier to miss.
- If you wish, you may apply numbing agent 2 hours prior to treatment. Be sure your skin is clean and dry. Cover with Glad Press and Seal Saran Wrap, or plastic and tape down the edges so air will not deactivate the numbing agent. Apply another layer of the agent 1 hour prior to treatment. If you are applying on your face, please apply 2 hours before treatment and reapply every 30 minutes up to your treatment time.The reapplication is key for the numbing agent to absorb all the way down to the bottom of the follicle.
- After treatment, your skin will be red and your histaminic reaction will show. This is completely normal. A good histaminic reaction is six to eight hours. Most people experience less recovery time, but that is very individual. Baby your skin. We recommend warm compresses and antibiotic ointment after treatment. Discontinue using the antibiotic ointment the following day. Be sure to moisturize your skin in order to help it heal faster.
- If you are having facial work done and you are wearing makeup, please wash your face prior to treatment. We will always clean your skin thoroughly before starting treatment.
Care instructions POST-TREATMENT
- Avoid unnecessarily touching or scratching the area.
- Avoid soap and make-up over the treated area for 24 hours as they could cause irritation.
- Avoid friction on the area (tight clothes)
- Avoid perfume or alcohol-based products,acids ,retinoids/retinol,scrubs,and harsh products or incredients for 3+ days or until is heald.
- Avoid excessive sweating if having work done below the neck.
- Avoid exposing the treated area to U.V. rays at least 24 hours before treatment and 48 hours after treatment.
- Avoid excessively hot baths,direct shower spray, swimming, exercise, steam, hot cooktops, hot yoga.
- Avoid rich, greasy lotions or creams.
- Avoid using deodorant for the first 48 hours.
- Apply a soothing lotion and moisturize the area well (HydraPlus, or Yi-zhibaume or Alovive).
- Apply a cold water compress,ice pack to alleviate any discomfort and swelling.Alternate with 20 minutes on and 20 minutes off. if necessary.
- Apply sunscreen, if necessary
- For clients prone to pigmentation,your Electrologist will recomend an appropriate lightening product or rigement to help correct and prevent pigmentation ot treared area.
- If small scabs appear, do not scratch them away. Allow them to fall off naturally. This is nature¹s way of healing the follicle that has been treated.
- Keeping the area moisturized .
- If discomfort should occur in closely treated areas apply an Epsom salt compress: Add 1 tsp. Epsom Salt to 1/2 cup warm water, mix and soak up with a washcloth. Lay washcloth over treated area for 10 minutes and repeat until discomfort subsides.
- If you are prevented from coming in as soon as you would like for your next treatment,
- DO NOT TWEEZE! Discontinue all waxing threading,in the treated area.The offending hair can be clipped off with small scissors or shaved.
- Remember: Some re-growth is to be expected. If you will return when the first re-growth occurs, the roots are shorter and weaker and therefore can be treated more effectively.
What is normal after a good treatment
- Redness on the treated area
- Light swelling of treated tissue.
- Treatment can occasionally activate Herpes (cold sores)
- Isolated folicle secration may occur after the treatment.
- Warm sensation and or prickly feeling depending on the treated area.
- Reactions such as redness,swelling, or tiny scab formation should be viewed as the actions af healthy skin repairing itself as fast as possible.The degree to which these reactions occur differs greatly between individual clients.All people are different in the way they heal.Following post-care instructions will help to minimize these after effects.The eyebrow area can be prone to bruising due to the presence of tiny blood vessels close to the surface of the skin.Although the treated area will likely appear to return to normal within a short period of time,full healling of the skin can take 18+ months.