- If you develop a fever, cold, flu, or inflammation in the treatment areas we must reschedule. Use of PRF treatment with a heightened immune system increases risks for complications.
- We recommend treating no sooner than 3-4 weeks before a special event or upcoming vacation to allow time for adequate healing and swelling to subside.
- If you have a history of cold sores, consider beginning prophylactic treatment with Valtrex or similar no later than the day of treatment.
- Discontinue use of anti-inflammatory drugs steroidal and non-steroidal (i.e. aspirin, ibuprofen, Medrol, predisone, advil) at least 3 days to 1 week before your treatment. With PRF, we want inflammation; this is one of the mechanisms of how PRF does its work.
- If you are or have been on steroids within 2 weeks of treatment, we cannot treat you. Consult your physician for approval to discontinue the use of steroids and receive treatment.
- Discontinue use of any other blood-thinning agents such as Vitamin E, Vitamin A, Gingko Biloba, Garlic, Flax Oil, Cod Liver Oil, Essential Fatty Acids (EFA’s and DHA’s) etc. at least 3 days to 1 week before and after treatment to minimize bruising and bleeding.
- We recommend avoiding alcohol, caffeine, Niacin supplement, spicy foods, and cigarettes 3 days before and after your treatment. (All of these may increase risk of bruising)
- Do NOT touch, press, rub, or manipulate the treated area (s) for at least 8 hours after your treatment. It is normal to experience: bruising, redness, itching, soreness, and swelling lasting up to 10 days following your procedure.
- AVOID Aspirin, Motrin, Ibuprofen, Aleve (all non-steroidal and steroidal anti-inflammatory agents) Remember, we are creating inflammation to initiate the rebuilding and repair process.
- If you experience discomfort or pain, you may take Tylenol or other Acetaminophen products
- You may apply ice as needed for comfort after the procedure, but keep in mind this also limits the necessary inflammatory process.
- Do not use any lotions, creams, or makeup for at least 6 hours after your treatment
- AVOID vigorous exercise, sun and heat exposure for at least 48 hours after your treatment. Use an SPF 30 or higher.
- AVOID: Alcohol, caffeine, and cigarettes for 48 before and after your treatment
- Smoking impairs healing times therefore increases chances of complications and reduces effectiveness of treatment.
- Maintain a healthy diet and drink at least 64 oz.’s of water the day of the treatment.